NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY.
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Mulu: The Judd and Jon Comedy and Music Hour(s) Competition (the “Contest”) is a competition where Mulu users may compete to earn the most money (via Mulu) for 826LA (aka “826LA”) by curating picks evocative of the look and feel of the 70’s era on their Mulu page(s) during the Term (defined below). See below for details.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: By entering into the Contest, you are entering into an electronic contract with MULU, INC. (“MULU,” “We” or “US”) to be bound by these Official Rules. please read these Official Rules carefully before proceeding.
The Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Mulu, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and its directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Mulu reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute relating to the Contest at any time.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that you and your employer have no claim to or right of ownership in any work product created as part of the Contest and that your actions do not violate your employer’s or company’s policies and procedures.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Mulu, Inc., which is located at 542 Emerson Street Palo Alto, California 94301.
4. TERM: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) on June 7, 2012 and ends at 12:00 P.M. PT on June 13, 2012 (“Term”). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. It is easy to participate in the Contest, although winning will take some creativity, effort, and skill. To participate, you must simply curate on behalf of 826LA by identifying one or more “70’s Picks” inspired by the look and feel of the 70’s on your Mulu page. A “Pick” in this context has generally the same meaning as it has with respect to your use of Mulu. It is an image that you have posted on your Mulu page that identifies a product, service, concept, idea or other material that you believe will be of use and interest to other users (referred to as “Pick(s)”). For purposes of the Contest, a “70’s Pick” is any Pick you post on your Mulu page that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- It can be said to relate conceptually / thematically to, or to be associated with, the 1970’s era, including major events that occurred during and/or persons or companies who gained notoriety during that era (for example, a Pick that involves disco music or bell bottom pants could be a “70’s Pick”); or
- It includes a reference to Judd and Jon.
To make your 70’s Pick count in the Contest, you must check the box saying “70’s Competition” when adding your pick. Each 70’s Pick will count for one entry into the Contest.
Please note: While it is Mulu’s intention to allow for broad, creative interpretations of what constitutes a 70’s Pick, Mulu reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to choose not to allow a certain Pick to qualify for participation in the Contest if it decides that such Pick is not within the spirit or purpose of the Contest, or otherwise finds no reasonable connection between the Pick and Judd and Jon, or the 70’s. Accordingly, please be thoughtful in your selections and – to the extent necessary – take a minute in the “Comments” section of your “70’s Picks” to explain the connection between your Pick and the associations with, and/or the concepts / themes of the 1970’s era.
Mulu reserves the right to prohibit any person from participating in the Contest should he or she develop 70’s Picks that are hateful, derogatory, abusive, disruptive, threatening, objectionable or otherwise illegal.
Here are a few additional rules and guidelines that apply to this Contest:
- You may participate in this Contest even if your Mulu page(s) do not generally earn on behalf of 826LA. However, to participate you need to be sure to designate your 70’s Picks as Picks that you wish to earn on behalf of 826LA. To do so, you must check the box saying “70’s Competition” when adding your pick.
- If you have more than one Mulu account, you can add 70’s Picks to any or all of your Mulu pages. However, we will select the Contest winner based upon only the amounts earned by 70’s Picks curated on any one Mulu page – that is, you cannot “aggregate” the amounts earned on your multiple Mulu pages for this purpose.
- Earnings from “70’s Re-picks” – that is, 70’s Picks that another Mulu user originally curated but that you subsequently add to your Mulu page – are eligible to be included in the aggregate amount of earnings of a given Mulu page. However, only the first-curated 70’s Pick will appear in Mulu’s graphic “stream” of 70’s Picks (on one or more pages on the Site). In addition, Mulu reserves sole and exclusive discretion concerning whether certain 70’s Re-picks or excessive 70’s Re-picks are within the spirit and intent of the Contest (see Section 6, below).
6. EARNING TO WIN: Once you make a 70’s Pick, you must work hard to promote it! Post your 70’s Picks on your Mulu page and on your Facebook page, Tweet them, and otherwise make sure that your friends know about them and – more importantly – purchase them! Please explain why you selected your 70’s Picks, and how your friends’ purchase of the 70’s Pick will benefit 826LA. Your active, thoughtful promotion will bolster your cause, and may lead to higher earnings for 826LA, which will bolster your chance of being selected as winner. Please keep in mind that 70’s Picks will earn on behalf of the 826LA in generally the same way that ordinary Picks on Mulu earn on behalf of whatever cause a user has chosen to curate on behalf of, so please be sure that you understand the general terms and conditions that apply to that aspect of Mulu.
All earning through 70’s Picks will be calculated by Mulu at 12:00 p.m. (PT) on June 13, 2012 and the participant who earns the most for 826LA through his or her 70’s Picks during the Term will be selected as a potential winner. In the event of a tie between two or more participants, Mulu will evaluate the 70’s Picks of each of the tied-highest-earning participants and select as the winner the participant who, in Mulu’s sole and complete discretion, has made the most compelling and thoughtful connection between the majority of his or her Picks and the70’s theme.
In the event there is not a tie, Mulu may still evaluate the 70’s Picks selected by the potential winner to ensure that they are within the spirit and intent of the Contest. In the event Mulu finds that the potential winner’s 70’s Picks violate these Official Rules or otherwise do not have a reasonable connection to the 70’s theme, Mulu may, in its sole and complete discretion, disqualify that potential winner and select as an alternative winner the participant who has (i) curated the next highest amount for 826LA during the Term through his or her 70’s Picks and (ii) curated “70’s Picks” that are within the spirit and intent of the Contest. After this evaluation, Mulu will notify the potential winner by telephone and/or email, at its discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within twenty-four hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and Mulu may select as an alternative winner the participant who has (i) curated the next highest amount for 826LA during the Term through his or her 70’s Picks and (ii) curated “70’s Picks” that are within the spirit and intent of the Contest. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with a Mulu representative or when a message is left on the potential winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by such a representative, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, the potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that Mulu may, in its sole and complete discretion, require. If required, a potential winner must return all such required documents immediately following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another potential winner will be selected.
7. PRIZE AND PRIZE TERMS: One participant (the “winner”) will receive two (2) tickets to the Judd and Jon Comedy and Music Hour(s) Concert on June 14, 2012 (the “Concert”) or the cash equivalent of the tickets (the “Prize”). Should the winner choose the tickets to the Concert, the winner is responsible for any other expenses including travel, parking, and any incidental costs associated with attending the Concert. In the event that the winner is unable, for whatever reason, to accept any part of the Prize then Mulu reserves the right to award the Prize to another participant.
ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Concert tickets are not redeemable for cash. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Concert tickets is: $500. This value may be selected in lieu of the Concert tickets. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Term and the skill of the participants. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed, except in Mulu’s sole and complete discretion. Mulu reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, for one of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and ARV will not be awarded. The Prize may be subject to restrictions and/or additional terms. The Winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the Prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by any party that is responsible for fulfillment of any aspect of a service to winner. Contest Entities (as defined previously) have not made and Contest Entities are not responsible in any manner any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the Prize, and no Contest Entity is responsible in any way for any such warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Mulu is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the Concert. If a winner chooses to receive the Concert tickets and the Concert is canceled, Mulu will award the winner with the cash equivalent of the tickets.
9. PUBLICITY: By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to Mulu’s, 826LA’s, and The Echo Park Time Travel Mart’s use of his or her name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
12. INTERNET: Contest Entities are not responsible for any malfunction of the Site or any failures of any kind, lost, or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may affect participation in the Contest, or may limit a person’s ability to participate.
13. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Mulu reserves the right in its sole and complete discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
14. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Official Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
15. WINNER’S LIST: You may request the name of the winner after June 14, 2012 but before December 15, 2012. To do so, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to: Mulu, Inc., 542 Emerson Street Palo Alto, California 94301. (Residents of Vermont need not supply postage).